Rights & Responsibilities: Private Student Loans
Rights & Responsibilities
It’s important that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities regarding your private student loan.
Your Rights as a Borrower:
- You may accept all, some, or none of the student loan funds offered
- You may return the private student loan funds 30 days from loan disbursement date and incur no fees or interest
- You are entitled to a copy of your student loan agreement, which outlines the terms and conditions of your student loan
- You have a right to defer full repayment of the loan until after you graduate, but must choose to make interest-only or Proactive Payments during the deferment period
- You may prepay in whole or in part at any time without penalty
APPLY NOW or CALL 800-639-3043 for a FREE CONSULTATION and FREE PRE-APPROVAL!
Your Responsibilities as a Borrower
- You must repay your student loans on time and in full even if you do not finish your education, get a job, or feel satisfied with the education you received
- You must notify your loan holder or servicer immediately of any change to your name, address, telephone number, or email address
- You must make scheduled monthly payments even if you do not receive a bill or coupon booklet. If you have extenuating circumstances, contact your servicer right away to understand your deferment or forbearance options
- If you are granted a forbearance or deferment after graduation, remember this is temporary and you will need to begin making regular payments again when the forbearance period ends
- Being granted forbearance does not extend the term of the loan